Hi! My name is Roger, and I am the safety and recruiting director here at Altanic Transportation. I assume you're reading this because you want to know what it’s like to work here. Truthfully, all the things I can tell you about working here are similar to what other companies have told you, and the reason you're looking for a new job is that you feel like they misled you. All I can say is, ask an Altanic driver. If you see one of our trucks in a Love's or a Flying J, go ask the driver why he likes it here.
Nough said. The main reason you are driving is to make money. We pay by the mile; when you're paid mileage, you should be taking the long view – you need to know how much you are going to make this year, not how much you'll make in the next minute. At Altanic, the mileage pay is about 75% of what you gross in a week – the rest is from the additional income stream. So, if you put on between 110,000 and 120,000 miles in a year, you'll gross close to the $75,000 mark. Oh, by the way, 120,000 miles divided by 50 weeks is 2500 miles a week – that's not really very hard to do.
- Experienced Drivers – 52 cents/mile
- 90 day probation period – 50 cents/mile. If there are no collisions or incidents during probation, you will receive a bonus cheque equivalent to 2 cents/mile for the miles you have done during your probation
- Drops and picks paid at $30.00 each
- Waiting time $23.00, after 1 hour LTL, 2 hours Truckload
- Layovers - $75 for 24 hours or more
Roadside inspections with no violations
- Level 1 - $75
- Level 2 - $50
- Level 3 - $25
- Benefits after 3 months continuous full-time service
- Dental after 9 months continuous full-time service
- Pension plan, matching up to 2% of your gross, after 2 years continuous service
You need to bring something to the table if you want to join us. While I will talk to almost anyone, your odds of being hired are improved with the following:
- Complete resume for the last 10 years (no time gaps)
- Clean Abstract and CVOR
- Clear police check
- Cross – border experience
- Accident and incident free
Information used and displayed is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the websites admin and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. information is subject to change without prior notice. although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, design n rank inc makes no guarantees of any kind.