Hi! My name is Roger, and I am the safety and recruiting director here at Altanic Transportation. I assume you’re reading this because you want to know what it’s like to work here. Truthfully, all the things I can tell you about working here are similar to what other companies have told you, and the reason you’re looking for a new job is that you feel like they misled you. All I can say is, ask an Altanic driver. If you see one of our trucks in a Love’s or a Flying J, go ask the driver why he likes it here. ‘Nough said
The main reason you are driving is to make money. We pay by the mile; when you’re paid mileage, you should be taking the long view – you need to know how much you are going to make this year, not how much you’ll make in the next minute. At Altanic, the mileage pay is about 75% of what you gross in a week – the rest is from the additional income stream. So, if you put on between 110,000 and 120,000 miles in a year, you’ll gross close to the $70,000 mark. Oh, by the way, 120,000 miles divided by 50 weeks is 2500 miles a week – that’s not really very hard to do.
The numbers break down like this:
- Driver with 2 years or more driving experience – 0.44 cents/mile
- 90 day probation is paid at 1 cent less that the rate. In certain circumstances you get that back after the 90 days
- Drivers with less than 2 years are paid according to the schedule in our policy manual.
- Drops and picks paid at $30.00 each
- Waiting time $20.00, after 1 hour LTL, 2 hours Truckload.
- Layovers - $75 for 24 hours or more.
- Roadside inspections with no violations – level 1 - $75
- level 2 - $50
- level 3 - $25
- Benefits after 3 months continuous full-time service
- Dental after 9 months continuous full-time service
- Pension plan, matching up to 2% of your gross, after 2 years continuous service.
You need to bring something to the table if you want to join us. While I will talk to almost anyone, your odds of being hired are improved with the following:
- Complete resume for the last 10 years (no time gaps)
- Clean Abstract and CVOR
- Clear police check
- Ability to drive a 10 speed manual transmission.
- Cross – border experience.
- Accident and incident free.
Fill out the web form on this page, and submit it and we will contact you, or email the listed paperwork to: email@example.com